- October 2018: Günter Stummvoll and Bruce C Wearne have published a book on Talcott Parsons Dr.Phil Thesis introduced and translated in Engslish: "Der Kapitalismus bei Sombart und Max Weber" (1927)
- July 2018: Günter Stummvoll has won funding from the programme ERASMUS+ Strategic Partnerships to co-ordinate a project for the development of a co-education training package for social workers and police liaison officers (SWaPOL - Social Work and Policing)
- June 2017: Günter Stummvoll has given a keynote-speech at the "First Academic Conference on Urban Security and Urban Development" at the Faculty of Architecture at the Univeresity of Belgrade, Serbia. Topic: "the Ladder of Abstraction in Urban Security"
- March 2017: Günter Stummvoll has started a new job at the European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research in Vienna.
- I am working on the EU-project "EPPIC - Exchanging Prevention Practices on Polydrug Use among Youth in Criminal Justice Systems" funded by the 3rd Health Programme of the European Commission. www.eppic-project.eu/ www.euro.centre.org/
- I have prepared a project-proposal for funding from the EU ERASMUS+ Programme "Strategic Partnerships in Vocational Education": "Bildungskooperation: Soziale und Polizeiliche Präventionsarbeit" (Deadline 31. March 2017).
- March - June 2017: Günter Stummvoll is teaching two seninars at the Department of Sociology, Vienna University: "Deviance and Social Control" and "Research Design for Bachelor Theses"
Short Biography of Günter Stummvoll (Dr.Phil)
- 2017- : Researcher at the European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Reserach, Vienna, Austria.
- 2014-2016: Researcher at the Insitute mediacult - International research Institute for Media, Communication and Cultural Development, Vienna, Austria.
- 2015- : Lecturer ('Reading Classics in Sociology' and 'Communities in Society') at the Department of Sociology at the University of Vienna, Austria
- 2011- : Lecturer ('Deviance and Social Control') at the Department of Sociology at the University of Vienna, Austria
- 1010- : Lecturer ('Crime Prevention and Urban Development', 'Reserach Methodology') at Danube University Krems, Austria
- 2010-2012: Social Scientist at the Department of Building and Environment, Danube University Krems, Austria
- 2008-2010: European 'Marie Curie Research Fellow' at the Centre for Criminological Research, Keele University, UK
- 2007-2008: Lecturer at the University of Applied Science St. Pölten, Austria
- 2004-2008: Researcher at the Institute for the Sociology of Law and Criminology (Institut für Rechts- und Kriminalsoziologie IRKS), Vienna, Austria
- 2003-2004: Research assistant at the Department of Sociology, Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS), Vienna, Austria
- 1998-2001: Research assistant at the Department of Traffic Psychology, Austrian Road Safety Board (KfV), Vienna, Austria
- 2003: Doctoral degree in sociology (Dr.Phil) at the University of Vienna, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- 2000-2002: Post-graduate training in social science at the Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS) in Vienna
- 1999: Masters degree in sociology at the University of Vienna, Faculty of Social Science and Economics
- 1996-1997: Study abroad (sociology) at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
- 1988-1991: Study of architecture at the Technical University in Vienna (1st section)
- 2012: Project Management for Research Projects; Roland Gareis GmbH, Vienna, Austria
- 2009: Crime Prevention Design Advisor, National Policing Improvement Agency (NPIA), Harrogate, UK
- 2008: Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design Advisor, International Security Management and Crime Prevention Institute (ISMCPI), Calgary, Canada
Curriculum Vitae: CV_Günter Stummvoll_europass-en.pdf (4065393)